Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Palapa Azul Fruit Bars

Last night I stumbled into Whole Foods after I went to the gym to get my weekly supply of the Whole Foods brand of frozen fruit bars, which I love, and for the price, can't be beat. But I was getting a little tired of the flavors and wanted to try something new. To my delight, right below my favorites I found Palapa Azul Watermelon bars. I had tried their grapefruit bars before, which were good, but a little tart for my taste. The watermelon is perfection. It basically tastes like frozen watermelon, with no seeds. I feared it would be really sweet, but not at all — although there is sugar added, it doesn't taste like it at all. The best part? Only 50 calories each, so I don't feel guilty about eating one after working out.

1 comment:

gretzmom said...

i am also in love with the palapa watermelon bars! only my whole foods says they aren't available right now! help! this is very sad. asyou say, they are only 50 calories, refreshing and just like frozen watermelon. i miss them. are you having the same problems?