Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Day After

After a pretty horrendous rehearsal on Friday that included a terrible lighting and sound guy, all around mediocre performances, and a very slippery floor (not good for tap shoes and hooker heels), the recital went pretty well. The two-year-olds dressed in dog outfits and "dancing" to Who Let the Dogs Out stole the show— their cuteness couldn't be beat. A close second were the two and three-year-olds dancing to Lime in the Coconut in hula skirts.

My Fairy Princesses were a hit as well, and did a wonderful job. The acro girls who forgot everything last year were perfect and adorable. My own dances went significantly better than during rehearsal (thank goodness) dues in part to the addition of non-skid pads for the bottom of my hooker heels. Surprisingly, Amazing Grace, the lyrical number, was the biggest hit among all of our family and friends. This was the dance I was most concerned about, because I've never done lyrical dance before and I don't consider myself to be very graceful.

Overall the show was a great success. I have a mild case of post-recital depression, and can't wait for classes to begin in the fall.

Some not so great pictures of the great job Janelle did on my hair and eye makeup.



The acro girls with Miss Sarah getting ready for their performance.


My Fairies post-show with all of their flowers (which they were very excited about).

No comments: