Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Filling the Void

My Monday evenings are usually filled with three hours of dance, which sadly, I won't have again until September. What do I do with my free time this Monday evening? Be productive and make art, maybe? No! Of course, I went shopping. I fell prey to the buzz about Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line, Bitten, carried only at Steve and Barry's department stores. The lure of this line is that every piece in the collection is less than $20, and they carry up to a size 22.

The nearest Steve and Barry's is at the Silver City Galleria in Taunton, MA. So I went on a mini trek to Taunton. The Bitten collection was surprisingly large, ranging from accessories to formal dresses. They even have a selection of pretty well-made bathing suits for only $7.98! Most of the collection consists of basic tees, pants, hoodies, and blouses. The larger sizes weren't available in every style, but word has it the Fall collection will be more extensive in sizes and styles.

I was VERY impressed with the fit of the pants....I would have bought one in every style if I had the money/need for them. I have a very hard time finding pants that fit correctly, and was able to find a great pair of jeans that met all of my requirements: the correct rise, a dark rinse, not too long for my short legs, a straight leg, and not too big in the hips. All this for only $14.98! The picture doesn't do them justice. I also found a very cute tee for $7.98.


No comments: