Tuesday, July 10, 2007

BDC Summer Dance Fest/ The Pulse

Last night I got back from my weekend in New York for the Broadway Dance Center's Summer Dance Fest/The Pulse. Aside from getting a very sore neck and butt, I had an amazing time. We danced with Mia Michaels, Wade Robson, Cris Judd, Brian Freedman, and many many more. Unfortunately, I didn't get any picture because I didn't feel like waiting in line.

I also took a class with Rusty, the dance captain for Legally Blonde, the musical, and learned a dance break from the show. Another highlight was a class with Lane Napper, who does a lot of choreography for television, especially Disney shows. He was a great teacher and had a ton of personality...great for kids. He brought four kids with him who will be in a new Nickelodeon show called "iCarly" ( a spin off of Drake and Josh) that will air in the fall— they were adorable.

I'm so lucky to have danced with some of the biggest and most unique choreographers of today.

I met Jason Samuels Smith, one of the greatest tap dancers of today, and got an autographed poster.


Some of Mia's work.


iCarly.

No comments: