Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's That Time Again...

Brie and I spent last Saturday picking out the costumes for the recital. They really all start to look the same after 25 books full of spandex and sequins.

Here are a few things we settled on.

My lyrical (duo with Brie) costume for Dear Mr. President by P!nk and the Indigo Girls. We're wearing the pants version (there's no way our asses are going on stage in booty shorts).



We haven't chosen our tap costume yet, but we know it's going to involve fringe and/or sequins of some sort. We're dancing to a remix of Respect by Aretha Franklin. The costume will be somewhere along the lines of these:





For hip hop we're dancing to a mix of a bunch of Missy Elliott songs [yet to be chosen, but one is The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)] and I think we're wearing Adidas track suits. I would love it if they were black and silver.

My six and seven year-olds' ballet to Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast.



I can't remember what catalog their tap costume is from, but they're dancing to ABC by the Jackson Five ans they're wearing a pink and black school girl costume.

No comments: