Thursday, August 30, 2007

Experiment: Glitter Nails

Those who know me, know I love all things sparkly. Which is why I needed sparkly nails. We all know that the premade glitter polish does not suffice. It is superficial sparkle, a mere "addition" of glitter rather than that nice dense quality that makes glitter so wonderful.
So I decided to try to make my own glitter nails. All I did was put on a clear coat and dusted it with ultra fine glitter immediately following the polish. Once it dried, I applied two to three more coats of clear top coat to seal in the the glitter. I was worried that it would chip off very easily, but it seems to be holding up really well. And it gave me the exact desired effect! It may be difficult to remove, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

No comments: